Whether you’re a movie buff that’s seen every nominated film, or a casual viewer curious to see if Disney snags any awards, for a style fan, the glamour of the Oscars is a delightful treat. Not only do we get to see our favorite actors recognized for their supreme talent, we get to see them proudly display their style, donning unique looks that often go down in style history.
If seeing your favorite actors and actresses dressed to the nines has you yearning for an opportunity to get fancied up yourself, we’ve got you covered with five easy crafts, perfect for throwing a Disney-themed Oscars Party on the fly. Scroll below for ideas for Mickey-themed decor, snacks that shout-out nominated films, and a fun party activity everyone can enjoy.
- Gold paper
- Mickey Silhouette Stencil
- Print out a Mickey Silhouette Stencil and cut out the dark Mickey Shape.
- Lay the Mickey stencil upon the backside of a gold sheet of paper and trace around the shape with an X-ACTO. Make sure to use a crafting mat to avoid damaging the surface beneath your paper.
- Repeat step two with a second sheet of gold paper.
- Glue the two shapes to one another to create a sturdy Mickey figure.
- Cut a strip of gold paper and roll into a short cylinder. This will create the base of the Mickey centerpiece.
- Using an X-ACTO or scissors, cut two slits into Mickey’s shoes and attach to the gold cylinder as pictured.
Your Mickey centerpiece is complete!
- Red and white twine
- Black and red paper
- Ticket stubs
- Hot glue
- Prepare the pennant flags for the Movie Ticket garland by cutting triangular shapes out of black paper. Once one is cut, use it as a rough stencil for the rest to ensure equally sized shapes. To create the red flags, cut rectangles out of red paper and cut out a small triangle from the rectangle’s base using scissors or an X-ACTO. Lastly, tear off a few individual tickets from a perforated roll. Optional: If you tend to save movie ticket stubs you’ve saved from theater trips to see Disney movies, consider using them in your banner for an extra personal touch.
- Once the shapes for the paper garland are ready, stretch out the end of a roll of twine and arrange the paper flags and pennants underneath the twine. Using a hot glue gun, dab glue along the points where the twine and paper meet. If you’re having trouble keeping the the twine in place, cut small squares of paper and use them to sandwich the glue and twine to the back of the flag.
- Continue step two until your paper garland has reached your desired length.
Your new decor is ready to be strung up!
Baloo’s Honey Popcorn
- Popped popcorn
- Microwave a bag of plain popcorn and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt down a few pats of butter in a pan or microwave and mix in a dollop of honey in a one-to-one, butter to honey ratio. Add salt.
- Pour the mixture over the popped popcorn and mix to coat the popcorn completely.
- Preheat an oven* to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spread the coated popcorn across a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Make sure to mix the popcorn every few minutes to prevent burning.
*If you do not have access to an oven, spread the popcorn out across a baking tray or platter and simply let cool.
Moana Drink Charm
- Craft paper, or cardboard
- Assorted paints
- Using a cup or jar lid, trace circles onto a sheet of craft paper or thin cardboard.
- Cut the round discs out with a small pair of sharp scissors.
- Replicate the ocean swirl, as seen in Moana posters and artwork, by loading a paintbrush brush with paint and tracing the shape onto each disc in a different color of your choice.
- Let dry.
- Cut a slit half-way into the disc and cut a small circle out of the center of the disc to create a drink tag that can be added to any slender glass.
Your drink charms are complete! Serve sparkling cider for a sweet and fancy treat. If you’re planning on serving drinks in cups that do not feature a long neck, simply skip step 5 and use the drink tags as coasters.
Red Carpet Bingo Cards
- Disney Style Red Carpet Bingo Sheet A
- Disney Style Red Carpet Bingo Sheet B
- Disney Style Red Carpet Bingo Sheet C
- Disney Style Red Carpet Bingo Sheet D
- Optional: Stamps or stickers
- Print a Disney Style’s Red Carpet Bingo card for yourself and three friends.
- As you watch red carpet coverage of the awards show and recognize wardrobe choices, actors or wardrobe choices listed on your card, check off, stamp, or place a sticker on squares that feature corresponding styles.
- The first player to fill a horizontal, diagonal, or vertical row wins.
How are you planning on celebrating the awards show? Share your party ideas and pictures with us by commenting below, or tagging #DisneyStyle on Instagram.