Let’s set the scene: it’s days before Valentine’s Day and, despite your best intentions to get your friends gifts early, time slipped away from you. We’ve all been there—believe me. If it’s too late to order anything online, and gifts from the store feel a touch too impersonal, we’ve got you covered with a quick-and-easy craft that wraps up our Valentine’s Day DIY series: matching mugs.
Perfect for that Disney-loving friend that’s always ready to grab a coffee, these mugs split iconic Disney love quotes across two cups. For this set, we paid homage to one of our favorite Dug lines from UP.
Follow the steps below to create a pair of your own.
- Prepare your supplies and clean the cups thoroughly.
- With a permanent marker, write your favorite Disney quote across the two cups. We opted for Dug’s “I have just met you and I love you” line.
- Given the UP quote that stars in this craft, we decided to give the cups a subtle balloon pattern. Select assorted shades of nail polish or paint and dot paint along the base of each mug to replicate our design.
- Paint a coat of gloss finish over your cup and let dry.
- You’ve completed your set! Make sure to hand wash these cups to keep the design intact.
What’s your favorite Disney quote about love? Share ideas in the comments!