Last week, we kicked off our three-part DIY series with a set of cute Toy Story-inspired infinity bracelets. This week, we’re back with our second installment: a Sleeping Beauty watercolor tote bag. Featuring a design reminiscent of Aurora’s color-changing dress, this tote’s soft pastel tones make it a perfect fit for Valentine’s Day, and a convenient way to wrap Valentine’s gifts and goodies for your Disney loving friends.
Scroll through the steps below to craft this enchanting tote.
- Prepare shades of baby blue and pink by mixing red and blue with generous amounts of white paint. Note: You’ll want to aim for a hue two or three shades darker than what you plan on using, as you will be watering this paint down.
- Once you’ve prepared your paint, add a quarter cup of water (or a mixture of three tablespoons water, one tablespoon textile medium) to each paint color. Mix thoroughly.
- Wet a broad paintbrush and dip it into your pink paint mixture. Beginning from the bottom of the tote bag, begin painting long, upwards brushstrokes on the left-hand side of the tote bag. Add extra layers of paint to the bottom half of the tote bag to create a gradient effect.
- Repeat Step 3 on the right-hand side of the bag with the blue paint mixture.
- Before the paint dries completely, dip your brush in clean water and slowly begin blending the paint in the center of the tote bag, once more using upward and downward brush strokes.
- Let dry.
- Optional: To add extra Aurora call-outs to your tote bag, consider adding geometric, gold accents to the handles—or an outline of Aurora’s crown. Get creative to your heart’s content!
Planning on making a tote for you best friend? Share ideas for making it unique in the comments!