When it comes to capturing the spirit of new beginnings and high hopes for adventure, Disney•Pixar’s UP has to rank among the most moving. Its rousing story serves as an inspiration for us year-round, but as we set our resolutions and intentions for the new year, it carries extra motivational weight. Remind yourself that adventure is always out there with some UP-inspired desk decor, perfect for adding extra pops of color to your office or study space.
- To create this photo clothesline, begin by cutting a length of cork board and attaching it to your workspace wall.
- Cut a length of twine and finish either end with a neat bow.
- Stick a pin through the knot of each bow and attach to your cork board. You now have your clothesline, ready to be decorated with photos.
- Collect your favorite mementos, artwork, or portraits and hang them to your photo clothesline with mini clothespins.
- Give your clothesline a theme by collecting postcards from friends, or photos of places you’d like to visit. The sky’s the limit!
- To create this mailbox, inspired by the mailbox Carl and Ellie decorate outside their home, begin by adding mixing your acrylic paints to your desired colors. We opted for soft pastel tones reminiscent of the movie’s color scheme.
- Paint a small hand-print onto the side of your mailbox, or add an extra personal touch by dipping your own hand in paint.
- Using a small paintbrush (or permanent markers for extra control), write out your name onto the side of your mailbox.
- Leave it on your desk for convenient supply storage, or use it to collect letters from your best friends.
- Begin by cutting 25 balloon shapes of equal size out of multicolored construction paper.
- Using double-sided tape or glue, arrange your cluster of balloons as pictured and attach where any paper overlaps.
- Wrap the end of a coffee stirrer in double-sided tape or glue and attach to your balloon cluster, covering either side with a balloon shape to hide the end of the coffee stirrer.
- Optional: Add a twine bow to the base of the balloon cluster for an extra touch of shabby-chic style.
- Stick the flower pick into a desk plant, or store it in a mason jar with your pencils to take your desk’s style up, up and away.
Find these crafts and more on our last episode of Hello Disney Style LIVE and make sure to tag #DisneyStyle if you decide to try these tips out yourself. We can’t wait to see what you dream up!