This week on Be Our Guest, we’re showing you how to DIY New Orleans Square-inspired photo booth props that are super easy to make, but look like a million bucks. It’s amazing what rhinestones can do.
The theme of the bridal shower we through for Disney Style editor, Nicole, was loosely Disneyland, with nods to the Mark Twain Riverboat, Main Street USA, Alice in Wonderland, and New Orleans Square. That’s what gave us the idea to use decorative Mardi Gras masks and parasols as props for the photo booth! Instead of the usual prop masks you can find online, we of course had to give our masks a Disney spin–this was a Disneyland bridal shower, after all!
To give guests different options, we chose color palettes for the design based on Aurora, Maleficent, and Jasmine.
- Crafts masks (any shape you prefer)
- Acrylic paint: turquoise/teal, pink, and black
- Paint brushes
- Turquoise tulle (match Jasmine’s signature color)
- Gold, silver, pink, blue, and purple rhinestones
- Elastic bands
- Gold and silver rhinestone trim
- Hot Glue
- Gold and black glitter paper (heavy stock, can be found at craft stores)
Watch the video below for more supply tips, and step-by-step instructions on how to create each mask. Enjoy!