“Over the centuries, generations of legends have stomped, slid, and slimed through the Quad. Today, Monsters University continues a tradition of academic excellence, ground-breaking research, development of the next generation of leadership, and the relentless pursuit of monster potential.”
—Monsters University Website
The first time I saw Monsters University, I was in college. Normal college—without Scare Games, or “Monsters in Business Administration” programs, or textbooks as cool-sounding as “Scare Theory Volume VII.” Comparing the adorable antics of the Oozma Kappa fraternity to my own classes and cocoa-free study nights, I wished I could join-in on their fun, and, to this day, the desire remains.
After staring at a Monsters University cap for way too long, a crafty way to rep MU pride hit me: a DIY letterman patch. Whether you’re a future scarer, door technician, can designer, or monster educator, add this patch to your favorite jacket or bag for a look that’s so cute it’s scary.
- Print out our *Monsters University Letterman Stencil and cut out the shapes on the right hand side of the page.
- Trace the shapes onto their corresponding felt colors and cut them out of the felt sheets.
- Optional: Cut the eye shape out of your sky blue “M” by folding it in half as pictured, then trim a circle out of the center of your white oval to make room for the M’s black pupil. This will make your pieces fit together like a puzzle, and create a flatter patch.
- Plug in your glue gun and start stacking the layers of your MU letterman patch, applying a thin layer of hot glue between layers as you go.
- Use your glue gun and/or a needle and thread to affix a safety pin to the back of your patch.
Congratulations! Your patch is now ready to wear.
I added mine to the sleeve of my favorite denim jacket. Thinking of making one yourself? Let us know in the comments and share your work by tagging Disney Style on Instagram. And watch Monsters University this month during Freeform’s 31 Nights of Halloween.