Earlier this month Georgia-May showed us 3 Summer Looks inspired by Disney•Pixar’s Coco, and one of our favourite details from her Hot Summer Nights look is this stunning marigold hair clip. Marigolds play a huge role in the film, and in Dia de Los Muertos: guiding the spirit of a loved-one home. They are also rather beautiful, with their vibrant petals in shades of orange, yellow and red, and remind us of the colour of a gorgeous sunset.
Watch the video and follow the simple steps to create your own marigold hair clip to wear on a hot Summer’s night. You’ll have this done in about 15 minutes!
- Small hot glue gun
- Alligator hair clip, or similar
- 3 x silk marigold flowers in your preferred combination of red, yellow and orange hues
- 1 x small piece of green foliage, silk or synthetic works well.
- Trim the stems of each flower.
- Apply a dab of glue to the base of your first flower and stick it to the hinged-end of your clip.
- Apply a dab of glue to the stem of your greenery and tuck it under your firs flower to secure it.
- Glue and the remainder of your flowers and stick them to your clip.
- Adjust flowers if necessary and leave to dry.
- Clip into your hair and step out into the warm Summer evening.
Catch Coco in cinemas now.