Between the chilly weather, the countless decorations, and pumpkin-flavored everything, there’s plenty to love about October. If there’s one thing we’re fans of in particular though, it’s the excuse to give our Minnie Ears a seasonal makeover.
Watching The Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus on repeat gave us some serious spider web inspiration, so we’ve decided to add a spooky twist to our Wire Minnie Ears DIY. Whether you’re planning a trip to the Parks this month or looking to get extra crafty for a #FallIntoDisneyStyle photo, this quick craft is a chic way to rep’ your Disney love. Scroll below for some simple steps!
- Cut a length of wire 6-7 inches long and bend it to the shape pictured in figure A. We wrapped ours around a sturdy cup to get an easy, circular shape.
- Begin coiling thinner wire around the base of your thicker wire, continuing until the thicker wire is completely coated.This will help ensure that your “spider webbing” stays put.
- As pictured in figure B, knot white yarn vertically across your wire ring, beginning at the base to give your spider web a point of origin.
- Add horizontal support strings by stringing yarn across your vertical strands and tying a knot at each point of intersection.
- Tightly coil white yarn around the entirety of your ring to hide your wire base and knot it at the base. Your first spider web Minnie Ear is complete!
- Repeat steps 1-5 to create a second ear and affix to a headband using hot glue, or by wrapping it with more yarn.
- With your spider web ears complete, have fun adding any extra hints of Halloween as you see fit. We opted for purple and black ribbons, as well as a tiny, glitter-coated spider.
How are you planning on decorating your Minnie Ears this Halloween? Share in the comments!