With its gowns, kings and queens, dancing, and fancy décor, prom is probably the closest thing to a ball our teenage selves get to attend. If Disney movies have taught us anything, it’s that a party like that’s kind of a big deal.
As prom season kicks off, we’re excited to help you plan your evening attire and leave you feeling your most radiant self. Whether you’re planning to celebrate in princess splendor like Cinderella, or want to channel Merida for your fun night with friends, we’ve drawn inspiration from iconic Disney heroines and prepared some jewelry inspiration boards to help you find the right prom jewelry look for you.
If you’re like Cinderella, your aesthetic keyword is delicacy. Pair her iconic velvet choker with some elegant earrings and minimalist gold rings.We’re particularly fond of No.3—a ring-shaped reminder of Lucifer and Gus Gus, pictured below.
1. Anne Klein Gold-Tone Bezel-Set Stone Clip-On Earrings (Macy’s); 2. River Island Opal Sparkle Stud Earrings (ASOS); 3. Bill Skinner Cat & Mouse Ring (ASOS); 4. Gold Plated Sterling Silver Fine Wrapped Ring (ASOS); 5. Claire Velvet Choker Necklace (Urban Outfitters)
Judging from her taste in clothes (and her preferred reading material), Belle seems to enjoy a good classic. Emulate her romantic style by accessorizing your prom outfit with vintage rings and timeless gold accents.
1. Palm Beach Garnet Vintage-Style Ring (Overstock); 2. Dainty Sparklers Pearl Pendant (Kate Spade); 3. Monet Double Drop Earrings (J.C. Penney); 4. Gold Gemstone Garnet Gold Stud Earrings (Kohl’s); 5. Monet Beaded Bracelet (J.C. Penney)
Though your prom ballroom might be far from Agrabah, we’re all for channelling Jasmine’s independent attitude and flair for adventure in jewelry form. Replicate her style with distressed gold and eye-catching turquoise.
1. Faux Stone Drop Earring (Forever 21); 2. Robert Lee Morris Soho Necklace, Gold-Tone Half-Moon Collar Necklace (Macy’s); 3. Stone Etched Ring Set (Forever 21); 4. Thalia Sodi Gold-Tone Pavé Fringe Bangle Bracelet Set (Macy’s); 5. INC International Concepts Worn Gold-Tone Hoop Earrings (Macy’s)
Merida—more interested in archery and riding, than dancing and ballrooms—may squirm at the idea of extravagant gowns, but we’re sure she’d enjoy these nature-inspired accessories. Make a statement with this ivy ear cuff, or gems as green as the Scottish Highlands.
1. INC International Concepts Gold-Tone Brown Faux-Suede Wrapped Hoop Earrings (Macy’s) 2. Empire Bib (BaubleBar); 3. “Ivy” Ear Cuff Set (Nordstrom); 4. Vince Camuto Pentagon Crystal Stud Earrings (Nordstrom); 5. Etched Color Block Bangle Set (Forever 21)
Curious, confident, and always an original, Ariel inspires a bright look with an aquatic flair. Try coupling ocean-blue accents with sea-inspired charms. We’re loving the subtle gold netting on the cluster drop earrings below.
1. Yellow Starfish Post Earrings (Walmart); 2. Starfish Charm Necklace (Vineyard Vines); 3. Carolee Gold-Tone Bead Cluster Drop Earrings (Macy’s); 4. Alex and Ani ‘Living Water’ Expandable Charm Bangle; 5. Round Cut Cubic Zirconia Ring (Nordstrom)
Are there more prom topics you’re hoping to see covered this season? Tell us in the comments!