Annette Funicello was the Mousketeer of Mousketeers. It’s hard to say her name without picturing her in those ears, flawless black flats, and that jaunty white summer dress. Now that spring has sprung, here’s our guide to achieving her timeless Disney style for your trip to the Parks, the beach, school, or anytime you want to bust out your favorite vintage dress.
1. Classic Parks Mickey Ears: You know you already have these in your closet. There are a lot of great ear options out there, and even some cool DIY ears we’ve come up with, but it’s hard to beat the classics.
2. Betsey Johnson Flower Purse: We love the retro vibes of this flower purse, as well as how functional a good cross-body is at the Parks.
3. ModCloth Shirt Dress: A shirt dress like Annette’s, but without the volume. Can you imagine how cute this would be with a cardigan?
4. Chinese Laundry Flats: Annette has the most simple of staple black flats. We chose to update with a d’orsay style flat with an open weave pattern.
5. Pandora Minnie and Mickey Charms: Pandora’s line of Disney charms is our new favorite way to express our Disney love.
6. Mickey Watch: We may have worn through more than a few leather Mickey watch bands over the years, and we’ll surely wear through a few more. When going classic Mousketeer style, it’s crucial to incorporate the most iconic of Disney accessories: the Mickey watch.