Who needs flower crowns, when you can have flower-braided hair like Rapunzel? With festival season in full swing and summer activities going strong, it’s the perfect time to try out this new look. So no matter what your hair type is, give your locks a little color with this crafty new trend. Here are a few tips and tricks to get the look:
- Choose flowers that aren’t too big, and can stand up straight. Roses and tulips don’t work too well, while baby’s breath and daisies sit nicely in your hair.
- Style your hair into something secure like a braid or bun. For bun styles, put small flowers around the surface of the bun in a cluster of colors.
- Mix different flowers into one hairstyle to create a totally free-spirited look that’s just like Rapunzel. If a small group of flowers looks good together in a bouquet, they’ll also look great together in your hair.
- Because flowers are intended to give your style a bohemian look, some hairstyles look better than others. Our favorite hairstyle to add flowers to is a messy fishtail braid put off to one side like Rapunzel’s.
- The most important thing about this trend is to beware of flower overkill. This isn’t a case of “the more the merrier,” because you want to be sure you can still see hair underneath the floral decoration.
Wearing flowers in your hair is a trend that requires a lot of confidence in order to really own the look. Channel your inner Rapunzel to get the same confidence and free-spirit to sport the style.